Monday, October 18, 2010

Workshop 1: Architectural Drawing

Week 1
Layout: Teacup


Week 2
Perspectives,

One point

Two point

Week 3
Shadows 

Rose Seidler

Week 4
Major Project, the Rose Seidler House
Photo taken at the site

Perspective

Plan/Elevation/Section

My experience in this workshop can be summarised in a few words: surprising, calming, intimidating and inexperienced. From the very first week, I could tell that I lacked skills in drawing compared to the other students, those that are primarily Architecture students. However I still found all the exercises to be enjoyable and somewhat calming as it allows me to relax. Many of the exercises also happened to be surprisingly time consuming, as there were many different and difficult techniques that I had to learn each lesson and implementing these techniques takes time. The many drawing techniques taught by the tutors include the different ways to show a 3D aspect of an object such as darkening lines, shadows and perspective drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment